Ramblings of a wanderer - Nada R. Quraishi

Ahoy there,
Just felt a need to chronicle my funny little thoughts and my poetry so here goes...

Lo and Behold
Stories Untold

Forgotten memories
Unwritten Histories

A hope, A dream
A World Unseen

Friday, April 01, 2005

Someone just told me that poems were up for interpretation by the ones who read them. My reply to this sage person is – it is commendable that one sees what one wants to see. An admirable trait, that.

However, I feel inspired to write an addendum to my Insomnia poem, which may once again be interpreted any which way…

The Other Side of Insomnia

If I was sleepless before
I am more so now
But everything is different
Don’t ask me how

When one night I did sleep
He crept in quietly it seems
And smiling, he stole a page
From the book of my dreams

He took my sleep as he left
But gave me his dreams instead
Whispered “goodnight my angel”
His tender voice fills my head

I now dream with open eyes
Sleep is no longer a concern
I lay awake waiting before
But now I lie awake and yearn

As I wait for him every night
I close my eyes and pretend
To be asleep, so that he can
Steal my sleep once again

By: Nada Rasheed Quraishi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dont know me, but i know you.
the lines are beautifully written It brings out the silent pain of the broken heart, especially in lines "And smiling, he stole a page,From the book of my dreams"
i write too but definitely not as good as you, but after reading your blog i have developed a different approach.Infact you have at many places touched my soul, its like similar thoughts are being said by some one. It feels good to know that such wonderful and thought full people still exist in this materialistic world.
I hope something good happens very soon for you, cause i believe one day Allah does brings happiness to our lives, and he will bring it in yours too.
remember no one is worth your tears and if he is, he wouldnt make you cry...
and believe me, for such a beautiful person like you...there would be some one very especial reserved by Allah just for you.
from,
an unknown,unseen friend...

11/19/2007 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home