Ramblings of a wanderer - Nada R. Quraishi

Ahoy there,
Just felt a need to chronicle my funny little thoughts and my poetry so here goes...

Lo and Behold
Stories Untold

Forgotten memories
Unwritten Histories

A hope, A dream
A World Unseen

Saturday, October 21, 2006

In the streets of Madinah

I found all that I had lost
In the streets of Madinah ...

I found my childhood
As I walked once again
To the holy mosque
In the streets of Madinah

I found my happiness
In the smiles of the vendors
Selling their wares
In the streets of Madinah

I found beloved faces
In all the memories
Scattered along the way
In the streets of Madinah

I found a reason to live
In the sound of the azaan
That fills every nook
In the streets of Madinah

I found all the goodness
And beauty in this world
It will always be safe
In the streets of Madinah

I found all that I had lost
And the only thing I had really lost
I found the footsteps of my Prophet
In the streets of Madinah

6 Comments:

Blogger abcdefghijk said...

Very beautiful u seem to be on a spiritual high these days, ru in medina I dot know if there is all the goodness and beauty in the world there cause thats a subjective matter but definetly what I have lost can be found in the footsteps of my prophet(SAW).

10/22/2006 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subhanallah !!! Its true, one can find almost everything for the replenishent of our souls .Been there myself a couple of times and each verse described u is exact !

10/25/2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger Nada said...

I know that "anonymous" means "cud be anyone", but do i know you? As far as i know, only my family n friends read this blog and you seem familiar yet i cant place u. Just curious...

10/25/2006 8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read it again! lovely poem, i think i unconsciously copied the style of this poem in the poem i wrote last night. SubhanaAllah, the fact that all the goodness and beauty in this world lies in Madinah is not subjective or debatable, atleast not for anyone who has been there and felt a strong connection with ALLAH and His Messenger. May Allah give us all the chance to feel that connection, Ameen

10/26/2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger The Dreamer said...

Nada , I really want to get to know you - you write so well !!! Thos poem is great!!!

5/25/2007 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..This is one of the best poems i have ever read!! MashaAllah!! May Allah Bless you!

10/16/2007 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home