Ramblings of a wanderer - Nada R. Quraishi

Ahoy there,
Just felt a need to chronicle my funny little thoughts and my poetry so here goes...

Lo and Behold
Stories Untold

Forgotten memories
Unwritten Histories

A hope, A dream
A World Unseen

Friday, December 13, 2013

Still Waiting....

I knew I was destined for greatness
the war hero
the person who stepped in front of the bus to push away a child
the robbery hostage who sacrificed herself to save the others
the starving mother who fed every morsel to her children


but crises like that never came up
in my life
My life was completely ordinary and I was muddling along
I was mediocre, and there was no greatness to be had
So I just sat and waited for that great moment to find me


Just like this poem was destined for greatness
but it never happened
THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home