Ramblings of a wanderer - Nada R. Quraishi

Ahoy there,
Just felt a need to chronicle my funny little thoughts and my poetry so here goes...

Lo and Behold
Stories Untold

Forgotten memories
Unwritten Histories

A hope, A dream
A World Unseen

Friday, December 15, 2006

Just when you think there is nothing more to lose..

There is always something left to lose.

For 1 year my wedding trousseau sat in the basement of my brother's house. Carefully packed away. Awaiting either being passed on to my sister, or perhaps the small hope that someday I would unpack those things once again.

The basement flooded. And today I lost everything. Each item of expensive clothing that I had spent my money on. Each dream that had gone into the fabric and threads of the clothes, the handbags, the lingerie. Saris passed on to me by my mom and my aunt. Thousands of dollars, and millions of dreams.

Oh I know its just clothes and apparel and accessories. I know I lost more than that last year when I went through that terrible marriage and an even more terrible divorce. But I dont know why - today I feel defeated.

Is there anything left to lose now?

I may find out... There is always something left to lose isnt there?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that Nada. Perhaps it's a blessing. You have nothing to remind you of that past, now you can rebuild, work towards new dreams and aspirations. Best wishes.
~Richard

12/16/2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Shazia Khaliq said...

Nada jaan......... Inn Allaha wa Inna ilaihi raajiun

sabar nads.......

InAllaha Ma As Sabireen
thoda sa aur, InshAllah it'll soon be dawn nads.

And me too been feeling low lately, but then keep telling myself that all is not lost yet.... I hav the akhirat to fite for.
nads lets fite for our akhirat, the rest all is transitory.
and........ u still hav people who luv u lots.
miss u nads.
wish i cud hug u.


new dreams, a new dawn awaits u.
as u hav been robbed,
so shall all be restored to u.
InshAllah. Ameen.

12/16/2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger abcdefghijk said...

Ina-lillahi wa ina-lillahi rajiun from Allah we come and to allah we return, so true api its not just we its our wealth our dreams our lives our happiness our sorrows and every other thing of ours.
so nicely said by your friend all this is transitional no matter the glorious Quran says this world is nothing but a illusion, ( sorry for sounding so religious attended one more Islamic conference in the Christmas weekend. ) It so sad whatever happened but at least no more things to remind of a sad past, and better days are just around the corner I see the streaks of the first light of dawn, and dont worry abt the wedding dress the next one will be a 100 times more beautiful, and as far your question is concerned is there anything more left to lose yes there is 1. YOU
2. your religion
3. your family
4. your writing abilities
5. your Suzuki khatara (heehee)
6. Your great friends.
7. your intelligence
and above all
6. and one stupid optimist commenting this blog, I know it would not make a big difference to this world if I died but at least I have the right to feel otherwise.

12/27/2006 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Nada,

You dont know me, but I somehow reached your blog and I thought I must post this for you!

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed. Psa 103:2-6 KJV

Will surely pray for you !

God be with you

Kavitha

12/29/2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger The Dreamer said...

It's heartbreaking - I can just imagine what you must have gone thru- May Allah grant you strength!!!

5/25/2007 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home